On 14 Aprile 2007 in Rome will take place “OpenCamp” a GNU-like BarCamp. I’ll be there!
But what is a BarCamp?
A BarCamp is an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from participants. There are 8 very important rules:
- 1st Rule: You do talk about Bar Camp.
- 2nd Rule: You do blog about Bar Camp.
- 3rd Rule: If you want to present, you must write your topic and name in a presentation slot.
- 4th Rule: Only three word intros.
- 5th Rule: As many presentations at a time as facilities allow for.
- 6th Rule: No pre-scheduled presentations, no tourists.
- 7th Rule: Presentations will go on as long as they have to or until they run into another presentation slot.
- 8th Rule: If this is your first time at BarCamp, you HAVE to present. (Ok, you don’t really HAVE to, but try to find someone to present with, or at least ask questions and be an interactive participant.)
Posted by Simone Federici as Eventi at 8:32 PM CET